Announcements
Rest In Peace Capt.Scarlett The Aussie/NZ community would have been a dull place without you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Religion, terrorism and other shit
average baiter
Brissy
Terror groups aren't any different from gangs, rebel groups and paramilitary organisations, when you come down to it. They just have a different facade over the top. Just like any of these groups, all they want is more power, and they'll exploit religion to that end.
butt buddies with Lord Trollington
18-07-2016, 04:06 AM
Too Beaucoup
Geelong, VIC
(18-07-2016 03:50 AM)Garshne Wrote:  The middle class and rich arabs are just looking for power, and they know they can get into a place of high leadership.

The socioeconomic part is for your average foot soldier and lower echelon fucker. The guys in charge never actually do the dirty work themselves.

So you are saying ideology plays absolutely no factor at all?
18-07-2016, 05:16 AM
Donor
I think it'd be better to say that ideology is a convenient excuse for actions which would have occurred anyway.
18-07-2016, 10:38 AM
average baiter
Brissy
(18-07-2016 05:16 AM)FullMetal Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 03:50 AM)Garshne Wrote:  The middle class and rich arabs are just looking for power, and they know they can get into a place of high leadership.

The socioeconomic part is for your average foot soldier and lower echelon fucker. The guys in charge never actually do the dirty work themselves.

So you are saying ideology plays absolutely no factor at all?

Considering I know fuckheads from every religion, race, ideology, nation, creed, and upbringing, I'd say yes. A cunt will be a cunt, no matter what excuse he uses to justify it.
butt buddies with Lord Trollington
18-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Donor
(18-07-2016 03:47 AM)FullMetal Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 06:28 AM)Ka-Bar Wrote:  People still fail to understand that it's little to do with the actual teachings of the religion but more the political and socioeconomic situation that leads to the spawn of extremists.

This fails to explain the phenomena of middle class Muslims from western countries or those from rich Arab nations . These people have convinced themselves that extremist actions are justified by their religion, it has nothing to do with socioeconomic's.

The rich arabs are gaining from the situation economically which is why they aren't opposed to it. The majority of middle class Muslims are opposed to the terrorist organisations, not sure where you got that from. Let me guess, you've seen polls on Shariah law? Those polls that were held were purposely made to be misinterpreted.

(18-07-2016 10:38 AM)dogmatix Wrote:  I think it'd be better to say that ideology is a convenient excuse for actions which would have occurred anyway.

That's it. There are extremists in every religion, yes even Buddhism.
[size=xx-large][b]Cream Sinatra[/b][/size]
18-07-2016, 06:57 PM