Announcements
"Stay the fuck at home." Samuel L. Jackson.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
REQUEST! please put the Khalkin Gol mod on the server
Welldone the Pussyhand
Unregistered

hey admins, the Khaklkin Gol mod has been released. it contains 1 map so far. its just a test map of normal spartanovka but with the germans replaced with the japanese. it would be sweet to play this map with the community. is it alright if you guys take a look?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=545071774
31-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Donor
i suppose japanese fighting soviets in the suburbs of stalingrad is realistic

if i can make a counter request that this mod be given some time to be developed like heroes of the west
31-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Too Beaucoup
Geelong, VIC
I wouldn't mind playing it, I'm curious to see how the Russian-Japanese dynamic works, I get the feeling Russians would get stomped. Probably not worth putting on the server full time though until proper map is made.
31-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Donor
Melbourne
Maybe when the russian "oo-rah" charge is working and all good. I always give these mods a go.
31-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Donor
(31-10-2015 07:50 PM)FullMetal Wrote:  I wouldn't mind playing it, I'm curious to see how the Russian-Japanese dynamic works, I get the feeling Russians would get stomped. Probably not worth putting on the server full time though until proper map is made.

yeah well, banzai charge and knee mortars would be pure bullshit
31-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Donor
(31-10-2015 07:23 PM)ozfighter Wrote:  if i can make a counter request that this mod be given some time to be developed like heroes of the west

Is that why there is no HoTW server? I never see people on GoN playing it either.
31-10-2015, 11:42 PM
Welldone the Pussyhand
Unregistered

(31-10-2015 07:56 PM)ozfighter Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 07:50 PM)FullMetal Wrote:  I wouldn't mind playing it, I'm curious to see how the Russian-Japanese dynamic works, I get the feeling Russians would get stomped. Probably not worth putting on the server full time though until proper map is made.

yeah well, banzai charge and knee mortars would be pure bullshit

1. this mod requires FAR less work being only new skins and some new maps as well as reworked RO2 ones with the Japanese on it.
2. The Mod is 20mb downloadable for even Aussie NZ, a simple custom map download when it gets voted lol. it doesnt auto download when you join the server for the first time like the SNLF and other mutators
3. Knee Mortar is limited to one Per team.
4. i tested the Alpha and the russians really can stop the japanese in their tracks it can swing either way generally but its pretty much equal wins both way from what i have seen.
5.again this mod is NOT on the same scale as HOTW that mod is huge and is getting a steam release this month for example.

6. this has already been noticed by the Russian community which almost never plays Rising Storm. This way Russians can experiance Japanese VS Russians! good for the community as a whole.

i hope this clears things up a bit
01-11-2015, 02:06 AM
Donor
Sydney
Interested to try but not sure whether the RO2/RS mechanics are up to it.

Soviets had massive arty, air and tank advantage. Japanese need tankettes.

Japanese Banzai charge would need to be disabled but they would need some AT soldiers. I'm not sure whether many knee mortars were available.

One of my relos actually witnessed Nomonhan briefly as an observer. He said the arty barrages were insane and he had to GTF out of there. They were still audible and visible at night 100s of km to the east. Unfortunately he is long dead but he endorsed John Colvin's book on Nomonhan just before he died.
01-11-2015, 06:56 AM
Admin,TS,Forums,Server
Airbase Alpha
The type 89 mortar lots where made more than the type 99 machine gun or the type 96

01-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Donor
Banzai charges as they stand now are unrealistic, essentially the jap becomes a superhuman when he yells and screams when in reality a big reason why japs lost some of the major battles was because they insisted on charging machine gun positions and getting mowed down.
01-11-2015, 11:40 AM