Announcements
Rest In Peace Capt.Scarlett The Aussie/NZ community would have been a dull place without you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Testers for my new app Athena Find Me
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
If anyone is able to help out, and they have an android device, I have a new app that needs a little bit of testing.
It is a locating app that you would use if you are say at a concert and trying to find where you friend is.
Anyway its pretty simple to use and I need to do some final testing before it is made for the iPhone and released.

You can download it from here http://www.aussienzgg.com.au/Athena_1.7.apk

After feedback on

a) whether the bloody thing works. If it doesn't work I need to know your software version and the version of the person you are contacting.
b) does it makes sense. It requires the person you are trying to find to have their GPS turned on and they need to be able to get to a website. The app will display a messages if there is an error and I am keen to know if that makes sense.
c) any other suggestions.
15-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Too Beaucoup
Geelong, VIC
That's actually a really good idea, would be better if you only needed GPS and not a data signal, Iv'e been to festivals before where it's impossible to get a signal without the amount of people using their phones in the area.
15-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
Got this up in the Google Play store.
Search for Athena Find Me.
iPhone version under construction.
20-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
(15-08-2015 05:36 PM)FullMetal Wrote:  That's actually a really good idea, would be better if you only needed GPS and not a data signal, Iv'e been to festivals before where it's impossible to get a signal without the amount of people using their phones in the area.

I hear ya. But this will soon be a thing of the past. A few of the telcos and hardware guys like Cisco, are starting to roll out stuff to boost coverage for major events. The sporting stadiums seems to be getting better.
20-08-2015, 03:15 PM