Announcements
"Stay the fuck at home." Samuel L. Jackson.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remove Bridges from rotation
Donor
Canberra AU
Hi Harley, thanks for your help on this.

I'm not saying I have the answers but my gut feeling on making the Bakery and Distillery lockable is that it will not be necessary.

With D and E lockable AND the addition of halftracks (which at the very least are additional machine guns for allies) I reckon the bottleneck is solved.

The problem with D and E is that it is very, very hard to cut off axis reinforcements while they have decent overview of allied resupply lines.

Holding both Bakery and Distillery is a rewarding teamwork challenge - a good allied team has a real chance of cutting off reinforcements to G by holding F and setting up an MG + Sniper looking along the road behind G. Commander also has the option of calling arty behind G (or F) as needed.

I'm concerned it might dumb down the teamwork aspect since any noob team can stack one cap and then the next.

Sometimes axis deserve to win this map, it should not be a foregone conclusion that allies will get there in the end.
23-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Donor
I agree with Beoski, F & G are challenging to take, but rewarding. D & E off ten feel like bullshit and are the "meatgrinder?" Part of the map that most people talk about
"[i]Nemo me impune lacessit[/i]"
None can harm me unpunished

- Royal Highland Fusiliers
23-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Donor
Anglesea AU
Thanks for the input NilPointer

- Yeah I've currently got the Tranny cutting off when D and E fall and leaving the Baker and Dist as the hump to conquer on foot. Plenty of smoke and well placed SL's should get the job done old school.

-I agree and after a lot of testing yesterday I've already clipped it back to one transport for the first release. It spawns so damn fast that it seems like there's two hundred.

-I agree the locking of North and South woods should do it, probably don't need much else really. But the transport should be a good laugh.

- I'm pretty sure Cats talking about the C Bridge. I've tucked it in a very tiny amount on the German side so we'll see how it goes. But again with the inclusion of the tranny and its mounted gun all those sort of tweaks could be counter productive.

- The debris in the tunnel is intentional yes. The tank got a little exploitative tucked in there if remember rightly. Been a while....but there was method to my madness. Smile

I'll be looking forward to trying this out with you guys soon

Hey Beoski and Prime.

Yeah I'm with ya. The Bakery and Dist are a satisfying fight right in the hump. I mentioned in the previous post that it just needs smoke and good SLs, so yeah it's staying as is. Sorry my posts are saying one thing one day and then i do the opposite after some testing. So I'll report in below.

This is where I'm at with my current version after many builds and testing.

- One transport that cuts off after D and E are capped

- D and E are locked once taken

- Everything else is twin caps as per original.

- small tweak of Bridge cap zone (very small tweak)

- Bakery named back to its original glory

- Radio on Bridge is for both teams.

- Currently trying to fix this super weird Marksman SL bug thingy. Doin my head in.

That's pretty much it.
23-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Sydney AU
Everyone else has put into words what i was hoping for as change, god dammit i will get the strudel my comrades deserve.
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/HPsmRBk.jpg[/IMG]
23-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Donor
(23-05-2014 12:48 PM)11_Harley_11 Wrote:  Thanks for the input NilPointer

- Yeah I've currently got the Tranny cutting off when D and E fall and leaving the Baker and Dist as the hump to conquer on foot. Plenty of smoke and well placed SL's should get the job done old school.

-I agree and after a lot of testing yesterday I've already clipped it back to one transport for the first release. It spawns so damn fast that it seems like there's two hundred.

-I agree the locking of North and South woods should do it, probably don't need much else really. But the transport should be a good laugh.

- I'm pretty sure Cats talking about the C Bridge. I've tucked it in a very tiny amount on the German side so we'll see how it goes. But again with the inclusion of the tranny and its mounted gun all those sort of tweaks could be counter productive.

- The debris in the tunnel is intentional yes. The tank got a little exploitative tucked in there if remember rightly. Been a while....but there was method to my madness. Smile

I'll be looking forward to trying this out with you guys soon

Hey Beoski and Prime.

Yeah I'm with ya. The Bakery and Dist are a satisfying fight right in the hump. I mentioned in the previous post that it just needs smoke and good SLs, so yeah it's staying as is. Sorry my posts are saying one thing one day and then i do the opposite after some testing. So I'll report in below.

This is where I'm at with my current version after many builds and testing.

- One transport that cuts off after D and E are capped

- D and E are locked once taken

- Everything else is twin caps as per original.

- small tweak of Bridge cap zone (very small tweak)

- Bakery named back to its original glory

- Radio on Bridge is for both teams.

- Currently trying to fix this super weird Marksman SL bug thingy. Doin my head in.

That's pretty much it.
You are an absolute fucking ripper mate
"[i]Nemo me impune lacessit[/i]"
None can harm me unpunished

- Royal Highland Fusiliers
23-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Donor
Anglesea AU
Big Grin I always thought Strudel was German, but Google has since informed me that it's Russian?

You sir deserve more strudel

edit: Wait a minute, it's Austrian! No more strudel for you.
23-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Sydney AU
i will steal the fascists strudel. this will sustain the soviet war machine
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/HPsmRBk.jpg[/IMG]
23-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Code Monkey
Perth
I'm the late to the party but I'd be outraged (yes you heard it - OUTRAGED!) if Bridges was removed from the rotation.

Yes, it can turn into a stalemate or a slaughter for the Allies, but if you're the Allies and you actually use teamwork to cap the points, it's so satisfying. Plus you have a tank giving you support. Use your smoke, your SL's and your grenades and you can cap the points. Plus I love the slow battles and the fun city area.

Thanks Harley for such a great map. I was quite happy when it was going to be included in the game as an official map. It's probably my favourite map.

P.S. whatever you do, do NOT add recon or rockets. It's bad enough with arty for the Germans. Smile
Power to the llamas
23-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Donor
Sydney
(23-05-2014 12:48 PM)11_Harley_11 Wrote:  - Yeah I've currently got the Tranny cutting off when D and E fall and leaving the Baker and Dist as the hump to conquer on foot. Plenty of smoke and well placed SL's should get the job done old school.

I think that'll do it. Even one transport might swing the map balance too far the other way, but it will be a hell of a lot of fun to try out...

(23-05-2014 12:48 PM)11_Harley_11 Wrote:  - The debris in the tunnel is intentional yes. The tank got a little exploitative tucked in there if remember rightly. Been a while....but there was method to my madness. Smile

Yep ... I resemble that remark!!! Big Grin Big Grin It was a good way to clear the campers to the right of the tunnel, who can otherwise cut off the allied advance there.

Thanks for all this!
23-05-2014, 06:02 PM
i76
Unregistered

/Signed.

Its broken, something has changed... that and allies dont have a radio for 5 caps (bridge radio has been removed).... from the radio to F & G and back again is nearly 1km.

TWI fucked it up and its no good.

"yeah a good allied team playing together can win" is bs.... 2 teams of equal worth the Axis will dominate, I've seen it end before C is captured.... 40 minutes of spawn/die stuck on 3rd cap is a broken map.
23-05-2014, 06:37 PM