Announcements
"Stay the fuck at home." Samuel L. Jackson.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remove Bridges from rotation
Sydney AU
Cat is literally GabeN
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/HPsmRBk.jpg[/IMG]
22-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Donor
Sydney
(22-05-2014 12:21 PM)CatintheHat Wrote:  The wheels are in motion. We might be getting a different version of Bridges to play with. Likely to be one of the earlier version before it was tampered with by TWI.

So we'll be sort of the guinea pigs in a way.

Im keen to test what allied transports will do to balance.

Great stuff - thanks
22-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Donor
Anglesea AU
Hi, how ya doin' Boosters! Big Grin

I know, I've been AWOL for a looong time....tis a long and boring story.

Got some questions for you beeeutiful babies!

Well, this is what I've got happening so far, two transports spawn back at the first left and right spawns and are only available until the Baker and Distillery? ie Trenches, Bridge and the Woods caps then I remove them altogether. Their spawns don't move either. I don't think they'll be needed beyond that point but hey, we'll see.

North or South Woods caps can't be retaken by Axis if one is capped by Allies. Should make things flow easier through there.
Now I've left all other caps as they are for the moment to see how the transports effect game play and balance but I'm open to making others lockable. Talk to me, you silly little freaks. *ahh bless the Jerky Boys.

And Cat also mentioned the Bridges cap zones are a problem ie favoring zee Germans way too much?

Left me know what you think.

ps. The version I'm editing is the current official one because TW have recentered the map which fixed the accuracy problem. yay! and some other things along the way so no point reinventing the wheel.
22-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Donor
(22-05-2014 10:21 PM)11_Harley_11 Wrote:  Hi, how ya doin' Boosters! Big Grin

I know, I've been AWOL for a looong time....tis a long and boring story.

Got some questions for you beeeutiful babies!

Well, this is what I've got happening so far, two transports spawn back at the first left and right spawns and are only available until the Baker and Distillery? ie Trenches, Bridge and the Woods caps then I remove them altogether. Their spawns don't move either. I don't think they'll be needed beyond that point but hey, we'll see.

North or South Woods caps can't be retaken by Axis if one is capped by Allies. Should make things flow easier through there.
Now I've left all other caps as they are for the moment to see how the transports effect game play and balance but I'm open to making others lockable. Talk to me, you silly little freaks. *ahh bless the Jerky Boys.

And Cat also mentioned the Bridges cap zones are a problem ie favoring zee Germans way too much?

Left me know what you think.

ps. The version I'm editing is the current official one because TW have recentered the map which fixed the accuracy problem. yay! and some other things along the way so no point reinventing the wheel.

I've never met or interacted with you in the past, but you are the sickest cunt on Earth.

God bless Harley.
"[i]Nemo me impune lacessit[/i]"
None can harm me unpunished

- Royal Highland Fusiliers
22-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Sydney AU
Yo Harley thanks for doing this!

Will gladly be a guinea pig for the greater good.
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/HPsmRBk.jpg[/IMG]
22-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Donor
Anglesea AU
(22-05-2014 11:05 PM)PrimePossum69 Wrote:  I've never met or interacted with you in the past, but you are the sickest cunt on Earth.

God bless Harley.

Why thank you kind Sir, I do try for that honor almost daily. *tips hat

(22-05-2014 11:48 PM)kimjungillex Wrote:  Yo Harley thanks for doing this!

Will gladly be a guinea pig for the greater good.

Hey ya Kimbo!

Thanks man and no worries.

Let me know if you've got any thoughts coz I'd like to get a version to you guys asap.
23-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Donor
Adelaide AU
Hi Harley , you are an absolute legend. Thanks heaps for this.

A and B are a tad difficult at the moment, but still able to be capped and straight forwards with a decent tanker. The bridge is also a little tough, but not a huge issue. D and E in the forest are were the really big issues are, but F and G can be also a challenge. I wouldn't play with anything further back, as they normally fall pretty quickly. I recon your suggested changes will work out pretty well.

Couple of other issues that if they're not too difficult could be fixed;

- TWI decided it was a good idea to remove the radio from the bridge. On the bakery/distillery caps the allied commander now has to run all the way back to the tank in the field to call in the arty. Would be really good to get that radio back on the bridge.

- TWI re-did the squads to fix the issue with multiple squad leaders sometimes being visible. Made a mess of this and the last Allied squad has a marksman in the SL role, which you can't spawn on.

- They've also borked the naming on the bakery cap. It's now called the school or something else?? Anyway, we keep calling it the Bakery but the new players have nfi what we're talking about.

Thanks once again for sorting this out.
23-05-2014, 01:12 AM
Donor
Anglesea AU
(23-05-2014 01:12 AM)Hubert Wrote:  Hi Harley , you are an absolute legend. Thanks heaps for this.

G'day Hubert! Blush no worries mate, lets hope it works and makes the map enjoyable again.
It was always a hard one to balance, tiny little changes can break it.

(23-05-2014 01:12 AM)Hubert Wrote:  A and B are a tad difficult at the moment, but still able to be capped and straight forwards with a decent tanker. The bridge is also a little tough, but not a huge issue. D and E in the forest are were the really big issues are, but F and G can be also a challenge. I wouldn't play with anything further back, as they normally fall pretty quickly. I recon your suggested changes will work out pretty well.

Yeah I'm wondering if I should try making the Bakery and Distillery lockable as well - Hard decision that one.
Wouldn't hurt to do it I guess and if it's too easy I'll revert.

(23-05-2014 01:12 AM)Hubert Wrote:  Couple of other issues that if they're not too difficult could be fixed;
- TWI decided it was a good idea to remove the radio from the bridge. On the bakery/distillery caps the allied commander now has to run all the way back to the tank in the field to call in the arty. Would be really good to get that radio back on the bridge.

I'll take a look at that, I read somewhere that they made that radio for both sides to use, which is fine by me but not if it didn't take, I'll double check it.

(23-05-2014 01:12 AM)Hubert Wrote:  - TWI re-did the squads to fix the issue with multiple squad leaders sometimes being visible. Made a mess of this and the last Allied squad has a marksman in the SL role, which you can't spawn on.

Ok that's a weird one, I'll have a squiz

(23-05-2014 01:12 AM)Hubert Wrote:  - They've also borked the naming on the bakery cap. It's now called the school or something else?? Anyway, we keep calling it the Bakery but the new players have nfi what we're talking about.

lol I noticed this one too this morning and have fixed it (it was named South woods I think). Tasty pastries shall return to the battle field Gawd damn it!!

Thanks for the info Hubert, helps me greatly.
23-05-2014, 01:40 AM
Rabble Rabble Rabble
Sounds good, looking forward to trying it all out Smile
23-05-2014, 02:05 AM
Donor
Sydney
(22-05-2014 10:21 PM)11_Harley_11 Wrote:  Well, this is what I've got happening so far, two transports spawn back at the first left and right spawns and are only available until the Baker and Distillery? ie Trenches, Bridge and the Woods caps then I remove them altogether. Their spawns don't move either. I don't think they'll be needed beyond that point but hey, we'll see.

Thanks mate - you're a legend for doing this.

Transports will be interesting. I think we will find that two will be over-powered and we need just one, since there is no Axis tank. Also, I suspect that they should stop when D&E are capped, as otherwise it will be too easy to get soldiers up to the distillery and bakery at the sides, where they can't be hit, and their MGs will do a lot of damage.

Can't wait to try tho.

(22-05-2014 10:21 PM)11_Harley_11 Wrote:  North or South Woods caps can't be retaken by Axis if one is capped by Allies. Should make things flow easier through there.

I think this will do it. Given the lack of cover, arty and distance from spawn, it's really hard to hold one and take the other as Allies, unless the team is really disciplined.

(22-05-2014 10:21 PM)11_Harley_11 Wrote:  And Cat also mentioned the Bridges cap zones are a problem ie favoring zee Germans way too much?

Which one? The C cap is pretty good at the moment. The final cap works if you can get the tank into position. I actually find that if you get to this position the attacking side will win, subject only to time, since the tank can smash everyone ( <grin> )

One other question -- I think I used to be able to get the tank through the right hand archway leading to the penultimate woods caps (ie north woods rear). I am pretty sure I can't do it now due to the debris; was that intentional?
23-05-2014, 11:59 AM