Announcements
"Stay the fuck at home." Samuel L. Jackson.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remove Bridges from rotation
Sydney AU
(21-05-2014 10:06 AM)CatintheHat Wrote:  Perhaps we can reach out to Harley and ask for a special favour.

There is no reason we have to have the official version of the map on the server anyway?

Holy shit if we could get a special Harley version that would be incredible.

i just assumed that he was entirely done with the map and moved onto different things.

maybe a bit more cover for the last cap area could balance the addition of transports on the map because i agree transports would just make the final cap literally unplayable for Axis.
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/HPsmRBk.jpg[/IMG]
21-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
(21-05-2014 12:47 PM)kimjungillex Wrote:  [quote='CatintheHat' pid='3012' dateline='1400627177']
Perhaps we can reach out to Harley and ask for a special favour.

There is no reason we have to have the official version of the map on the server anyway?

You never know your luck.

I will see if i can get in touch with him when i get back from vacation next week.
21-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Donor
Sydney
(21-05-2014 10:06 AM)CatintheHat Wrote:  There is no reason we have to have the official version of the map on the server anyway?

Very good point. If Harley is up to it, maybe we could trial different tweaks and see which works best?

I'd be open to trying transports. I suspect it wouldn't work, as I think it would unbalance things in the Allies' favour, but I'd love to try. Green Eggs and Comrade Yuri would surely be loving more armour targets to blow up... And AusAnon could try his crap driving skills on a slower means of transport Smile

(fwiw the map that really needs transports is Commissar's House)
21-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
there are lots of things you can do to restrict tanks and transports to certain areas of the map or make their progress slower. Not sure how keen Harley will be to spend much time on it so maybe just include a few transports and modify the recaptureable points is all he might want to do if any. But that is another conversation.
21-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Donor
I'm a bit over Bridges to be honest, but at the same time game after game I see people run straight up the guts of D and E and get slaughtered. The best case scenario would be if they were not recappable, but I also think that a competent sniper and MG can be all the difference. If you can get a sniper taking out the MG as soon as he gets close and the Russian MG moving up the sides with an assault or 2 taking the caps are fairly easy. Unfortunately, sometimes the likelihood of getting a decent MG and Sniper at the same time, plus all the other working parts needed for victory, can be slim to none,

tl;dr I don't think it should be taken off the server list
"[i]Nemo me impune lacessit[/i]"
None can harm me unpunished

- Royal Highland Fusiliers
21-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Donor
I honestly like Bridges!
Although I do find myself on the Axis side a lot on this map!
I think the Allies just need to have a good team to triumph on Bridges.
[img]http://33.media.tumblr.com/eccb4fedb837dc437da4f6fc32cc8d33/tumblr_mpxjg4CfPU1qatuw0o8_250.gif[/img]
21-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Rabble Rabble Rabble
I have played Germans on Bridges maybe 10 total at most. But I am happy to go back to playing Russians.
21-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Donor
Adelaide AU
I agree is not all that balanced at the moment, but very confident that by stacking the allies we can fix it.

The new players are a big part of the problem. The last time there was a big influx of players there was a 3 month period where it was only 2 or 3 times by the allies. We had a thread encouraging experienced players to joining the team likely to loose (allies), and form that point on both teams were winning it.

Stack the allies and it will be a joy to play once more.
21-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
The wheels are in motion. We might be getting a different version of Bridges to play with. Likely to be one of the earlier version before it was tampered with by TWI.

So we'll be sort of the guinea pigs in a way.

Im keen to test what allied transports will do to balance.
22-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Donor
(22-05-2014 12:21 PM)CatintheHat Wrote:  The wheels are in motion. We might be getting a different version of Bridges to play with. Likely to be one of the earlier version before it was tampered with by TWI.

So we'll be sort of the guinea pigs in a way.

Im keen to test what allied transports will do to balance.

How can one admin possibly be so based?
"[i]Nemo me impune lacessit[/i]"
None can harm me unpunished

- Royal Highland Fusiliers
22-05-2014, 03:00 PM