Announcements
Rest In Peace Capt.Scarlett The Aussie/NZ community would have been a dull place without you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone got sound recording skills or talents
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
Some might know I moonlight as a mobile app developer.

I have an app in development that needs some sounds and I thought I could reach out here to my buddies for (cough cough) mates rates content.

It is a locator app and the app name will be cooee or kooee (still deciding on that).

Anyway, what I am after is a few audio samples of that classic Australian call. Coooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

After a male, female, child male, child female and any other variations you can think off.

It needs to be in a format that is apple friendly I have been told by my tech guys and I will include this at the bottom of this post.

Can't offer any money for the work, but happy to give credits in the app. Also you get full bragging rights for working on an released app.

It's also a ripper fun app so if you have the skill set get in touch with me.

Edit - this from my IT folk. "AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV."
20-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Donor
Sydney
Hi Cat

I think the usual recommendation is to use the iPhone's native sound format, which is CAF -- see this link (dev login required)

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/...-CH10-SW57

That has the minimal overhead in decompressing, although it sounds like that is not as much of an issue with your app

I can help with sound processing if you want, but can't help with acquisition of the actual samples

HTH
05-02-2014, 08:38 AM
Donor
Adelaide AU
I've got the gear to record 24 bit 48 kHz wav files with perfectly flat frequency response....... but I'm not sure if you want my voice for the audio.
05-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
I'm away until Saturday night. But I have a file I put together that could use a bit of post production.
06-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
I just got back home.
Have attached my cooee sound files if anyone wants to have a go cleaning it up.
Or have a go making a better one would be awesome.
I might even design the system so it can include a different version so go for your life and make a recording.
Would be great to also get a few female versions also.

Attached File(s)
.zip  CooeeSound.zip (Size: 321.44 KB / Downloads: 3)
08-02-2014, 05:50 PM