Announcements
"Stay the fuck at home." Samuel L. Jackson.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WTF.....
Commander Extraordinaire!!
Ipswich AU
Being home from work sick, I jumped onto the TWB server in the US to test out Barashka.  Unfortunately, I joined at the end of the round, and then the map changed to Apartments.  With 62 players.  If you look up "Recipe for Disaster" in the dictionary, that is the exact definition it gives. Anyway,  I was Russian.

HOLY FUCK.  I have never in my entire life seen a more dashing display of utter moronic behaviour and clusterfuckery.  To start with, I was teamkilled a total of SEVEN times during the match, each time by a different player.  Only once was by gunshot, the other 6 were all grenades.  Aside from that, the Russian team was obviously set to lemming mode.  Over and over I saw entire spawnwaves run straight into MG fire, get cut to shreds, respawn, and do the exact same thing again!! Even after seeing dozens of their comrades get cut down trying to run through a certain doorway or whatever, people still just followed them, despite seeing the results with their own eyes.  There was no attempt to try and flank  the enemy or use anything resembling tactics, it was just sheer human wave tactics over and over again: "hey diddle diddle, straight up the middle".

In short, the entire Allied team could be pretty well represented by the one guy who kept 'yelling' out in text chat: "FOR THE MOTORLAAAAAAAAND!"

I need to go lie down now, my brain hurts from trying to make sense of what it witnessed.
20-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Sydney AU
welcome to american red orchestra. played on TaT server last week, map was bridges, i watched a group 5 or so friends (with TaT clan tags) walk into enemy arty on the E flag a total of 4 times, FOUR

i had to sit down and rethink my position in the world after that shit
20-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Ipswich AU
Same barrage? Wow.. So Aussies make better soldiers than Yanks online as well in real life.
20-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Private
Port Macquarie AU
At least I can hit stuff with rifles on the US servers. For some reason on Aussie/NZ I've started having terrible trouble hitting crossing targets. Enough so that I've started to wonder if somehow client-side got switched off during the recent patching/update process...
25-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Ipswich AU

At least I can hit stuff with rifles on the US servers. For some reason on Aussie/NZ I've started having terrible trouble hitting crossing targets. Enough so that I've started to wonder if somehow client-side got switched off during the recent patching/update process...

I've been having the same problems, actually.
25-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Commando
Sydney AU
Just played with low pingers and bots.
Game is fine.
The problem is too many high pingers joining the server and ruining hit detection as a result.
26-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Private
Port Macquarie AU

Just played with low pingers and bots.
Game is fine.
The problem is too many high pingers joining the server and ruining hit detection as a result.

How does that work when client-side hit detection is running?

Should simply be that correctly-aimed shots hit regardless of ping for either shooter or target.

Could it be that the server is getting overwhelmed when there are lots of players on, i.e. it's player load rather than ping causing problems?
27-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Commando
Sydney AU
Even though your machine is running the hit detection locally it still has to pass data back and forth from the server to know what's going on. So really it depends on how the server handles that 'chatter' so to speak. i.e. the lag smoothing you'd find in BF3.
27-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Private
Port Macquarie AU
Fair enough. Have posted a question on the TWI forums so hopefully some of the guys who actually know what's in the netcode (Mekhazzio and Phoenix_dragon in particular who are fairly expert in this area) can provide some answers.
28-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Sydney AU
the absolute only problem i have had with hit detection is some odd occurrences with bayonets and player models i.e bayonet clearly makes the sound of penetration (pretty much guaranteeing the kill, unless they bleed out later) but the player is completely unscathed.

bullet hit detection seems to work alot smoother in ro2 than bf3 for me personally (about 1000x better than CoD:bo2 on xbox) but thats just my personal experience. maybe i have just adjusted to the servers quirks etc.

rant over //
28-11-2012, 05:30 PM