Announcements
"Stay the fuck at home." Samuel L. Jackson.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Workshop Custom Maps
Commander Extraordinaire!!
Ipswich AU
Clearly there's no fucking language rules on this fucking forum Tongue
15-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Donor
brisbane AU
Yeh I started a thread in the TWI/RO2 support forums, took about a weak but people are starting to report similar probs such as mine and Slabbs.
It's under my old profile name Danzig and it's called "workshop crash", also another bloke called sycophantic has started a thread called "workshop maps not working".

So if your having similar probs jump on and post your comment, TWI will have to sit up take notice sooner or later... probaly later LOL!
16-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Sydney AU
Donor
Canberra AU

Yeh these custom maps are driving me nutso as well, I have to download everytime I play!!!! Driving me nuts and really spoiling the game for me.
I'm not sure I've done the steam thing right but regardless, if I down load a map in by connecting to the server i shouldn't have to do it the very next night! If you guys have any ideas please save me from BF3.............I cant be fucked waiting over and over

I briefly tried subscribing to the maps using the Steam Workshop and lots of bugs for me (error messages when I started RO2 etc).
I cancelled all my subscriptions in the workshop and just rely on the in-built map download functionality in the game that has nothing to do with the workshop.
Pros: Works!
Cons: You have to wait five mins to get into a game if you don't already have the map.
17-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
And just to make everyones day.  TWI is about to do another update for RO2.
So just as you were about to get those great custom maps working, they will all soon be unplayable until the map makers recook their maps.

Oh the joy.
17-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Donor
brisbane AU

Yeh these custom maps are driving me nutso as well, I have to download everytime I play!!!! Driving me nuts and really spoiling the game for me.
I'm not sure I've done the steam thing right but regardless, if I down load a map in by connecting to the server i shouldn't have to do it the very next night! If you guys have any ideas please save me from BF3.............I cant be fucked waiting over and over

Did you subcribe to the workshop maps and did they download when you booted up RO2? If it is'nt doing that, then that could be the prob. Also if you don't have the maps installed, when jump onto to the AussieNZ server the maps will D/L every time. The custom maps don't install by connecting to the AussieNZ server and D/L them there, it does'nt work that way. I hope this helpsSmile

17-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Donor
Canberra AU
@Danz - that's exactly how the custom maps install for me... I connect to the AussieNZ server and D/L them there, works every time - always has.

BTW I accidentally clicked "report" on Danz's post. There's no way to "unreport"...
18-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Commando
Sydney AU
That's OK. Reporting everyone just show's that your a conscientious citizen...
18-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Donor
brisbane AU
That's cool Beoski Smile Like you say they do D/L every time you connect to the server but it takes 5mins every time, and uses a lot of Internet usage.
It's much better to subscribe to the workshop maps or to have used the old RO2 extractor, no waiting 5mins every time you want to play a map and you only have to D/L once. Unless of course there is an update for the map.

At the moment the RO2 workshop does'nt seem to working for a lot of people, you seem to get error messages, RO2 crashes every time I try to D/L a workshop custom map, another bloke I know of says his workshop custom maps never stop D/L ect. I've heard that some RO2 modders have had problems uploading their maps onto the RO2 worshop.

I also noticed If I D/L a map succesfully it runs great on the server, but if I try to play it in workshop section of RO2 I encounter really bad FPS and lag. Clearly TWI have got something wrong at their end, all we can do is wait and hope TWI fix it soon. Like Cat says TWI are planning another update soon, so hopefully it will apply some fixes to the RO2 workshop and sort these issues out.

18-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Donor
brisbane AU
The new TWI patch did'nt fix anything for me, RO2 still crashes during the D/L for the workshop custom maps. Tried it with The new Bridges map just to check and RO2 crashed right on que. So I D/L it straight from the forums instead, droped it in the cooked pc map folder and RO2 recognised it, YAY! Then I tried it with Rakowice and... NAY! RO2 does'nt recognise the file

I'm at totol loss as to what to do now. The support ticket I sent to RO2 has gone quiet, and steam never bothered to get back to me on the subject
22-11-2012, 02:31 PM