Announcements
"Stay the fuck at home." Samuel L. Jackson.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Workshop Custom Maps
Donor
brisbane AU
Yeh I deleted all my old redirect files and subcribed to the RO2 workshop maps, so there would not be any conflicts with them. Before that I made the mistake of not deleting the old files, Cat says that is probably the best thing to do.

Once that is done just subcribe to the RO2 custom maps in the workshop, when you boot RO2 up the subscribed maps will automatically begin downloading. It should run in the workshop section of RO2 on completion, it does for me. Cat says he is beginning to upload the workshop maps onto the server.

The problem I have is that RO2 keeps crashing during the downloads, and if I download a workshop map or maps successfully, when I reboot RO2 the bloody maps begin downloading all over again? I've got no idea what to do!

I hope I don't have to do a fresh install to sort it out... UH TWI, WHY DO YOU FORSAKE ME?
08-11-2012, 03:54 AM
aka Mr Flibble
Toogoom AU
I deleted all my old stuff, subscribed then d/l in-game (which is painful with my horrifically slow net) but it doesnt connect to the server now. Just waiting for a standard map to come along to see what it does when it changes to a custom map while in game.
09-11-2012, 10:41 PM
aka Mr Flibble
Toogoom AU
I deleted all my old stuff, subscribed then d/l in-game (which is painful with my horrifically slow net) but it doesnt connect to the server now. Just waiting for a standard map to come along to see what it does when it changes to a custom map while in game.
09-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Donor
brisbane AU
Yeh I contacted both TWI & Steam about this problem and have not received a responce from either of them (which is typical especially where TWI are concerned!).

If your maps downloaded successfully Leweegibo it should work, also they should run in the workshop section of RO2 as well.
10-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
Yep looking into all this as well.  Noticing some strange activity with Steamworks also but not as dire as you chaps.
12-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Donor
Murray Bridge AU
Yeh these custom maps are driving me nutso as well, I have to download everytime I play!!!! Driving me nuts and really spoiling the game for me.
I'm not sure I've done the steam thing right but regardless, if I down load a map in by connecting to the server i shouldn't have to do it the very next night! If you guys have any ideas please save me from BF3.............I cant be fucked waiting over and over
15-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Commando
Sydney AU
Downloading package "red assualt" failed: error opening file.

and server is now empty...
15-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Donor
Anglesea AU

Downloading package "red assualt" failed: error opening file.

and server is now empty...

yep, me too.

Quit out and subscribed to Red Assault on SW but still failed to open file once it was downloaded.

15-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Commando
Sydney AU
Looks like everyone had this, but server is running fine now.
15-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
Yeah I fucked up and had a slight error with the redirect version of that map.  Fuck I wish they would make this shit more fool proof !
It is as if they go out of their way to make the process of managing a server filled with easy to make fuck ups.
In that case it was simply because I forget to rename the map file from *.roe to *.upk.  Well fuckers, send me the file as *.upk !
15-11-2012, 11:05 PM