Aussie NZ RO2 Forums
ro2 crashing every damn time.... - Printable Version

+- Aussie NZ RO2 Forums (http://www.aussienzgg.com.au/forums)
+-- Forum: Red Orchestra 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: ro2 crashing every damn time.... (/showthread.php?tid=457)

Pages: 1 2 3

ro2 crashing every damn time.... - baldrick - 24-08-2014 01:49 PM

Hi Guys,

Just looking for suggestions on a crash issue I have been experiencing with the game in the last week.

Every time I bring the server screen up the game immediately crashes to desktop. Never had any problems in the past, not sure if there has been a game and/or steam update in the last week or so which may be causing this. Checked the TWI & Steam forums and it seems I am not alone, however no fixes as yet.

Have tried all of the solutions that others have suggested for past crashes to no avail.

Will badly miss my Sunday fight nights.......

Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated !

Thanks
Baldrick

RE: ro2 crashing every damn time.... - THE RAVEN - 24-08-2014 02:24 PM

Did you reinstall or verify cache?

RE: ro2 crashing every damn time.... - baldrick - 24-08-2014 04:24 PM

yes mate, verified integrity of the came cache through steam, uninstalled and re-installed....doing my head in to be honest.

cheers

RE: ro2 crashing every damn time.... - jalex3 - 24-08-2014 05:22 PM

I'd suggest update your graphics driver, close any other apps that could be making a problem. See if that changes things .

RE: ro2 crashing every damn time.... - PrimePossum69 - 24-08-2014 05:33 PM

(24-08-2014 05:22 PM)jalex3 Wrote:  I'd suggest update your graphics driver

Or if that doesn't work revert to an older version where you didn't have the problem

RE: ro2 crashing every damn time.... - Irate Earwig - 24-08-2014 07:43 PM

I've fixed similar problems in the past by going to Documents/MyGames/RedOrchestra2 and deleting the folder "ROGame". Re-launching the game will create the deleted folder again, and may stop the issue. Good luck.

RE: ro2 crashing every damn time.... - jalex3 - 24-08-2014 08:09 PM

(24-08-2014 07:43 PM)Irate Earwig Wrote:  I've fixed similar problems in the past by going to Documents/MyGames/RedOrchestra2 and deleting the folder "ROGame". Re-launching the game will create the deleted folder again, and may stop the issue. Good luck.

Worth making a copy of the old one so you can revert back if it doesn't fix it Smile

RE: ro2 crashing every damn time.... - baldrick - 25-08-2014 10:04 AM

thanks for the input guys. Tried all of your suggestions yesterday afternoon but still no joy.

missed fight night last night and ended up having to chat to the missus.....I dont want to make a habit of that!

its a little wierd single player works fine, its just multiplayer in the server screen which is %$&## up.

i think i am doomed to a life of no RO2..........

cheers

RE: ro2 crashing every damn time.... - CthulhuCultist - 25-08-2014 03:04 PM

Two things to try
Can you join a Server through console ("~" key then command "Open 119.252.191.131:7777" with out quotes should connect to Aus/NZ server)
The other one to try is the Steam server browser (Right Click on Steam > Servers > Internet then set Filter options to RO2)

RE: ro2 crashing every damn time.... - baldrick - 27-08-2014 06:27 PM

thanks mate, I can get in through the steam server browser. Seems a little laggy but at least I am back in action.

great help
cheers !