Aussie NZ RO2 Forums
Remove Bridges from rotation - Printable Version

+- Aussie NZ RO2 Forums (http://www.aussienzgg.com.au/forums)
+-- Forum: Red Orchestra 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Servers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Remove Bridges from rotation (/showthread.php?tid=400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Remove Bridges from rotation - kimjungillex - 20-05-2014 10:29 PM

i was just wondering what sort of reaction the population would have if Bridges was removed from the vote list

I don't know about you guys but this map is a shell of its former self, it's a chore to play and 8/10 times it turns into a stalemate at D/E/F/G which can end up with 64 players sitting there for 30-40 minutes. i dont get where this is fun, maybe for the Axis side but for me personally it has just become an utter bore.

Please share your opinions for and against. Blush

RE: Remove Bridges from rotation - LeperMessiah - 21-05-2014 12:04 AM

No, no, no, and NO

RE: Remove Bridges from rotation - Respectable Chap - 21-05-2014 01:03 AM

Please.

RE: Remove Bridges from rotation - kimjungillex - 21-05-2014 01:49 AM

(21-05-2014 12:04 AM)LeperMessiah Wrote:  No, no, no, and NO

i understand why you dont want it removed, you only play german :3

RE: Remove Bridges from rotation - Selfbias - 21-05-2014 04:36 AM

I agree with Kim but not sure if it should be removed, it definitely needs to be fixed though. At first I thought maybe the problem was due to new players on the server, who may not have known how the game works but that's not the case. I think its definitely due to the latest update, which sucks now cos we almost never get to see the town part of the map anymore. Don't know if removing it from rotation is the answer and I guess one reason to keep it is that its got the server's name on it. But due to its one sided slaughter fest well that's up to you guys if you remove it, I just know I won't vote for it til it gets fixed, which lets hope is soon.
[Image: nnvOxM4.jpg]

RE: Remove Bridges from rotation - jalex3 - 21-05-2014 06:04 AM

This map is server history. I would hate to see it go, even if it does need balance.

RE: Remove Bridges from rotation - nilPointer - 21-05-2014 10:05 AM

I wouldn't like to see it go, although I agree with Kim that it is not that much fun to play atm. I still like a bit of masochism by going Allies (especially as tank Smile) so long as there is a good team.

But it might put off new players who go Allies and then find they are in a meat grinder, getting picked off as soon as they spawn or try to cross the river.

It's not unwinnable, as we won it pretty convincingly as Axis last week on campaign mode, but it is needlessly hard.

It needs:
a) return of radio on bridge
b) D & E must not be recappable
c) ideally, F&G should not be recappable

Maybe in the interim we could try a rule where clan members can only go Allies? I have a feeling that if it all 0Coy/Blitz/Spark players were Allies, then the play would get beyond D/E/F/G and things would get exciting? It would have to be self-enforced, and I would miss being SL camping at D&E, but might alleviate the problems for a bit...

RE: Remove Bridges from rotation - CatintheHat - 21-05-2014 10:06 AM

Perhaps a bunch of transports would make the first few caps less confronting to the attackers but I would not like to see transports spamming at the end caps. I think they would have minimal impact in the middle of the map. Perhaps we can reach out to Harley and ask for a special favour.

There is no reason we have to have the official version of the map on the server anyway?

RE: Remove Bridges from rotation - LeperMessiah - 21-05-2014 11:02 AM

(21-05-2014 10:05 AM)nilPointer Wrote:  It needs:
a) return of radio on bridge
b) D & E must not be recappable
c) ideally, F&G should not be recappable

Maybe in the interim we could try a rule where clan members can only go Allies? I have a feeling that if it all 0Coy/Blitz/Spark players were Allies, then the play would get beyond D/E/F/G and things would get exciting? It would have to be self-enforced, and I would miss being SL camping at D&E, but might alleviate the problems for a bit...

I actually agree. In the end, it is organisation that allows the Allies to win this map, and the clans are definitely more organised. D and E are the make or break points for the Allies, and not having them recappable would solve most issues with this map, I think.

RE: Remove Bridges from rotation - THE RAVEN - 21-05-2014 11:34 AM

Bridges should have a setting where everyone that voted for it is forced to play on the Allied team... It is a real chore lately. I love the last half of the map, but bloody hell the first part is a real meat grinder. I wouldn't mind seeing it removed.