Aussie NZ RO2 Forums
This franchise is dead - Printable Version

+- Aussie NZ RO2 Forums (http://www.aussienzgg.com.au/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: This franchise is dead (/showthread.php?tid=1212)

Pages: 1 2

This franchise is dead - Dairdubh - 06-07-2020 03:43 AM

Though it pains me to say so.

Played a wee bit of Combined Arms. Was fully invested in Ostfront, and then closed beta onwards from HoS. Into RS - which is where I think the rot really set in. First title where the US was a main protagonist, and I think they just threw balance of gameplay out the window. Wasn't a fan of RS because of it.

RS2, I think they really did just give up. Early access, I thought "fuck they are trying to rewrite the war". I walked away for a year or more from the game, because the balance was so fucked. It still is on many maps in my opinion, though I still play the game.

83 may be different, but we shall see.

RE: This franchise is dead - PuRG3 - 07-07-2020 05:16 PM

im feeling the same to be honest ive stopped playing the game, the whole no longer supporting was a nail in the coffin

time to find new games to host and keep the community alive too perhaps?

RE: This franchise is dead - PrimePossum69 - 07-07-2020 09:47 PM

RO2 is literally the most fun I have ever had in a gaming experience before. RS2 just didn't capture that same spark for me. Nothing wrong with that, but it's still a shame

RE: This franchise is dead - Yeowie - 08-07-2020 02:45 AM

All we can hope for that Tripwire Interactive themselves bring out an RO3, I know AMG is making a title themselves called 83 or something like that? Hopefully it will be cool but I doubt it will live up.

RE: This franchise is dead - kamakaze - 08-07-2020 10:21 PM

(07-07-2020 09:47 PM)PrimePossum69 Wrote:  RO2 is literally the most fun I have ever had in a gaming experience before. RS2 just didn't capture that same spark for me. Nothing wrong with that, but it's still a shame

+1. I'd do anything to bring back the days of the active AUS community in RO2. Nothing beats it.

RE: This franchise is dead - Traffic Conez - 15-10-2020 10:35 PM

I do miss campaign nights in RO2 community, :c I've been playing RS2 recently thanks to it being free on Epic Games.

Amazing to see Auzzie/NZ servers full of people though I don't recognise anyone from RO2/RS1 days

RE: This franchise is dead - chubabuba_141 - 10-02-2021 08:57 AM

Sunday night Fight Night's were the best!

RE: This franchise is dead - kamakaze - 14-02-2021 09:23 AM

Are the servers still active?

RE: This franchise is dead - Geebus - 29-05-2021 03:05 PM

still up i think but active not really

RE: This franchise is dead - Welldone Returns - 15-06-2021 01:52 AM

(06-07-2020 03:43 AM)Dairdubh Wrote:  Though it pains me to say so.

Played a wee bit of Combined Arms. Was fully invested in Ostfront, and then closed beta onwards from HoS. Into RS - which is where I think the rot really set in. First title where the US was a main protagonist, and I think they just threw balance of gameplay out the window. Wasn't a fan of RS because of it.

RS2, I think they really did just give up. Early access, I thought "fuck they are trying to rewrite the war". I walked away for a year or more from the game, because the balance was so fucked. It still is on many maps in my opinion, though I still play the game.

83 may be different, but we shall see.

i dunno i think the bridges 24/7 servers killed the game honestly.