Announcements
Rest In Peace Capt.Scarlett The Aussie/NZ community would have been a dull place without you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ben Tre testvid...
Donor
it's up again so ready to be played Wink
15-09-2018, 01:50 AM
Donor
melb AU
vc can't defend their side of the bridge at C. they are combat zoned

all the interior walls in temple 'K' can be walked through
15-09-2018, 11:25 AM
Rabble Rabble Rabble
I feel like arvn need more pointmen.
16-09-2018, 02:02 AM
Donor
Flat Earth
Thanks CronDaemour for all your work on the your new map. I played the map Bridge tonight it was very good. love how you have changed the map up from the youtube video. All we need is a GI tank! I found two things that didn't work at the back where the GI start the trench behind the house (B) bridge we get stuck in the trench and the tunnels under the water tower we get stuck at the ladder on the left. looking forward to playing it more thanks. 10/10
16-09-2018, 03:15 AM
Donor
This map has potential, but it needs a lot of work.

The size and length of the map is more than likely where a majority of the lag issues are coming from. 16 caps is way too many, and the 3km fly from the chopper spawn is too far, especially if you've removed the cobra and replaced it with two loaches (the slowest chopper) . The whole Eastern portion of the map is unused, and seems to only exist to affect performance. A condensed version of this map would not only run better, but play better as well. Suffice to say, less is more.

I like the points in the middle of the map, they give me a good RO2 vibe of fighting in warehouses and buildings, but the earlier and later points don't add anything substantive, nor do the bridge caps. There are too many buildings towards the flanks, not to mention that not only are they too wide, but the combat zones in some places are too restrictive to utilise them.

Here are some suggestions I have:
- Limit the number of caps to 9 (the bridges, and caps towards the beginning and end should be removed).
- Reduce the map timer to 45 or 50 minutes.
- Bring the chopper spawn closer (at most 1km).
- Bring back the cobra, and have one DShK for every two points (so like, 4 or 5). If this proves to be too strong, allow a bushranger instead.
- Remove the Eastern side of the map that is outside the playable area.
- Narrow the flanks, and remove excessive buildings.

I'm saying this because I care, and I want this to be as good as it can be. I wish I could tell you more, but the performance issues make this map unbearable to play.
17-09-2018, 07:05 PM