Announcements
RS2 Campaign is here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
map i'm working on, i'd appreciate any feedback
Donor
LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uQ_-ew...TNq3d5JbJR -lighting hasnt been built so expect a few invisible objects but its a tiny file size only around 30 meg atm

just download the link and past the .roe file to this location:

C:\Users\insertyourusername\Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2\ROGame\Published\CookedPC

then in the game menu open console and type: switchlevel vnte-death_valley1

Many things will be off, like some spawns , radios ammo etc wont be in place or working yet since its a WIP but any feedback on obvious mistakes, floating objects and general design would be greatly appreciated... hope to have a playable version out soon...

Cheers.
16-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Sydney AU
hey man, cool map, i had a quick play through.

With the helicopter spawn being so close to bravo i can see it getting camped by the defenders. Either move it further away from combat or place more objects to block vision of the helicopter area [Image: 64b79cdd67.png]
[Image: 7268bef9b2.png]

[Image: 59c8a5946f.png]

Combat zones are in effect while just trying to capture Bravo and Charlie. some of the capture icon locations are also below the ground.

[Image: 493f1d8382.png]

For Delta, whilst being a really cool area with the large market and the acoustics were cool, i ran around it and found the capture area to be very large, could either create an extremely fast capture for attackers easily being able to hide. if only the central part of the market is able to capture might help.

[Image: 138aff4d12.png]

Can't run through these bollards, there is an invisible wall present (they have shadows though)
[Image: b4d62ebe98.png]

Large amount of Clipping around Foxtrot.
[Image: 9ec8ba6078.png]

Also i guess the last cap is a work in progress.
[Image: b0c1ef31d3.png]

Those were just a couple of things that jumped out to me, but i think it could be a very fun map. Thanks for putting the effort in!
One last suggestion for helicopters is i think without large enough combat areas to land troops in, two transport helicopters is overkill, one would be enough, Also i think a bushranger would play awesome on the map either with a loach for support or no loach at all.

Cheers
xoxo
21-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Donor
sorry should have updated, the map has gone live today under the name Operation_Rice!! many of these things are addressed atm it is a double bushranger, no loach map ( a bit of an experiment) your point about the centre cap is super valid and is an experiment in its own right... i might make it small like you say or create a tight double cap in there instead come and play it!
21-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Donor
gold coast AU
A couple of climbable vines /pipes are always neat.
I think B or C should be non recapable , maybe C?
I had a couple of catapult issues on the ladder in C , not all the time however and was blown up mysteriously by C4 when no one was there.
I have not played the last caps enough yet.
The average rounds expended per kill with the M16 in Vietnam was 50,000. Snipers averaged 1.3 rounds.
The cost difference was $2300 v 0.27 cents.
06-03-2019, 07:40 PM
Donor
gold coast AU
since I posted the last suggestion about caps B and C, I have played it a few more times and there has been some real even matches. However it can get seesaw caps happening, but that happens on a few other maps also.
The average rounds expended per kill with the M16 in Vietnam was 50,000. Snipers averaged 1.3 rounds.
10-03-2019, 04:51 PM
Pug
Donor
Hi, what are you using to build this map ? Does tripwire release any mod tools
24-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Donor
gold coast AU
yes , there is alot of support
Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Donor
https://discord.gg/tkQSGZ is the modding discord before you jum pin there and ask millions of questions download the sdk from the steam tools and watch all of nymets youtube vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPv6aq8Njsk its mostly ro2 but 98% rings true for rs2

have fun
Yesterday, 09:58 PM