Announcements
RS2 Campaign is here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gom - Game overhaul Mutator
Administrator
Kingsotn Canberra AU
This post was to initially answer a question from Harry but feel free to add to it your thoughts about the GOM mutator.
If you are not familiar with GOM, it is a server side added mutator that adjusts the game to make it play with new weapons and sounds as well as some additional player types. For example, it has added Korean divisions to the southern team. It has also recently added some features to make the player movement more like what it was with RO2 – i.e your player will run out of puff when running for a while and you need to rest to get your stamina back.

Oh, yeah they have added a vehicle – I have not seen or tested this (CatintheHat Jan 2019).

I like the idea of this mutator but it kind of divides the player base.

Details about GOM are here.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/file...1605101773

My message to Harry H.
Jan 2019 – Harry, I have tested a recent version of GOM on server 1 and it looks good. However, a big negative with the current build is that it needs players to change some of their files for it to work properly. I think it has something to do with the new Korean voices it has. If it’s just a mismatch with voices, I could be encouraged to offer a GOM server, but from past experience with mods, any that require players to change stuff generally fail. Let’s see what interest there is from the community before promoting GOM. I have the server capacity but I don’t want to divide the player base with GOM and non-GOM servers.
[Image: CatintheHatLogo2018.jpg]
03-01-2019, 07:15 PM
Donor
Newcastle NSW
Think SEA servers had this up for a while, and it was interesting.
I didn't experience any major issues with it in game, though did have some problems when then going to play on non-GOM servers - ie having to re-download due to crashes, freezes, etc. Though perhaps I am misrremembering.
03-01-2019, 08:43 PM
Donor
Thanks for the response Cat. Hopefully enough of the community get behind the idea of a GOM server just to break up the monotony of playing campaign all the time. The new ROK factions look really good and I think a couple new weapons have been added as well. Plus the stamina feature you mentioned above.
04-01-2019, 02:36 PM
Donor
id defs love to see a GOM server.
04-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Recruit
1 campaign server, 1 map voting server & 1 GOM server could be a good spread.
06-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Donor
once they make it so you dont have to change ya files to get it to work
06-01-2019, 03:53 PM