Announcements
Rest In Peace Capt.Scarlett The Aussie/NZ community would have been a dull place without you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom Map Reviews :)
Donor
Got Bored, did this.

1 - Khong_Loi_Thoat
This map is my favourite, its quite different from all the maps and I haven't seen anything like it. It has a dense bush throughout the map where you can't see more than 1 or 2 metres. You need to use your audio like no other map and has great flanking with a good theme. It's hard, the last cap especially is hard to take. I estimate that the VC win about 60% of the time defending.
2 - Cambodian Incursion
This is a Battlefield Vietnam map, the designer is constantly updating it and is another deep jungle map. It has amazingly steep hills that you can actually easily die if you run to fast down them. Good caps, relatively balanced map overall and I highly recommend it. I would say that this is about 50/50 wins at the moment. Designer is working hard to update this map.
3 - JungleRaid
This map is beautiful, well thought out and has the most objectives of any map in Rising Storm. It is absolutely huge, it has the US defending, has cool radio in it and a fantastic theme. Not a big fan of US defending maps but this one does it well. The last objective is broken at the moment as it is basically impossible for the VC to win this map at the moment but a new version is due shortly and I'm sure this will be addressed. This is quite a fair map until the last objective so its US win 90% of the time.
4 - Dead and Buried
Another jungle village type map, very nicely made. It's big, has some fantastic rivers and buildings over the top of the water. It also has some trees which you can climb and a custom fly over by 3 phantom jets when you take D, very cool. Angles everywhere, you need to protect your tunnels and cool bamboo that you can sometimes go through, quite challenging. Seems to be pretty easy for the US to win at the moment due to the angles available and the ease at killing tunnels. 65% win rate for US.
5 - Operation Valkyrie
Beautiful Beach Front Map starting off on corner of a beach with the first objective near the beach. Very well designed map, good mix of buildings, bush and beach on this. The designer is updating the map a lot so it is only going to get better. Good flanking, objective design and is a lot of fun. 60% US win.
6 - FistAlpha
This map is huge, nicely designed with an Aryes Rock type setup in it. Huge bridge and lots of swamp land. The gap between the 3rd and 4th caps is pretty long but as its a US defense map, staying alive as US SL is all important. Lots of rocks everywhere providing plenty of cover, overall, great map. about 50 50 win rate for this map.
7 - Suong Mu
Lovely little foggy jungle map, only has 1 artillery use each with a little bird. How a little bird hits anything through that jungle, I don't know but its important for the tunnels. This map is as fun as it gets if you happen to get the flamethrower. Last cap is hard to take but generally, the US seem to do it and win about 60% of the time.
8 - Da Nang
This is an urban map at a US airport with planes as far as the eye can see. Quite close combat with a big sight tower for the planes that causes trouble for your team if your sniper doesn't keep his head down. Tough map for the VC to attack, I found the US won at least 60% of the time.
9 - Cousteau Plantation
Night time jungle map with a epic last bridge hold. This map will try your patience, at night, you die a lot without knowing where it came from. Not my cup of tea but still, nicely designed map. Artillery all important to take last cap. I may have cursed this map one or twice. US 60% win.
10 - NuBaDen
Another night time map but this time US defending. I really like the rocks in this map, you need to move rock to rock but expect your patience to be tested severely if playing the VC as its hard. If night games are your thing then you might like this, the VC are funneled into some hard bottlenecks and is a challenge. The rocks can be frustratingly buggy at times but the map designer has made huge strides as there is heaps of rocks in it. I think the US win this 65% of the time.
03-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
Good overview mate.
I am gunna see if someone can build a mutator that will measure the win status of the maps. So it gives a more accurate picture of what team mostly wins. I think it wouldn't be to difficult to do.
03-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Donor
i can't believe they haven't done that themselves, it would make balancing the maps so much easier otherwise it is so subjective.

Best mutator they could make imo and would be so easy is to remove m16 and AK from game. Then people are forced into SKS or M14. Would be awesome to run that for a night.
03-08-2017, 04:53 PM