Announcements
RS2 Campaign is here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After loading into map unable to do anything
Donor
Hey guys,

After loading into any RS2 map on Aus/NZ Good Gamers #1 server , I have no menu or any option to join game, simply a static display with default game noise. I'm able to load into other servers and play fine but not on this.
So far I haven't been unable to play on the Aus/NZ server, which is a damn shame as I miss playing with a familiar crew.
24-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Donor
melb AU
maybe verify integrity of your game files in steam.. or can you play on other server?
25-06-2017, 02:01 AM
Administrator
Kingsotn Canberra AU
does it happen on any specific map. I figure you loaded a custom map. Maybe the custom map download was corrupted. However if that happened you would just overwrite that map the next time it came up. Does it also fail when loading into a stock map?

Def try what Larkham suggested with verifying your client files.
[Image: CatintheHatLogo2018.jpg]
25-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Donor
If its only on some servers its probably a router problem possibly due to the higher tick rate/custom server settings ?
Have you tried typing reconnect in console (may have to do it 2-3 times). Or joining through steam server browser.
Otherwise i heard disabling IP flood detection in your router helps.
Is there any message on screen - like connecting to server ? Does it make it to the welcome screen, get stuck on loading the map or what.
25-06-2017, 05:30 PM
Donor
Thanks for the replies,
I can play on other non Aus/NZ servers apart from my shit fluctuating ping at times (thanks Internode/IInet for selling out to TPG), it happens on stock maps, so far tried connect when server had Cu Chi, hill 937, and Hue City on the Aus/NZ server.

There is no message displayed when the problem occurs, it is though I'm about to get the menu overlay on screen but don't just have the map loaded and stuck with unable to do anything. I'm unable to get console or anything it just locks there and I have to ALT+Tab out and close the game.

On another note whose a decent ADSL2+ ISP using tesltra DSLAMs these days?
25-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Donor
Ok so I've now verified integrity of game files. Was able to play on server2 with SongBe.

I then connected server 1 which upon connected started to download a game map, SongBe_V21, when launched into map I'm back at the original problem. I don't get it, unless it is an issue when the server is near capacity ?
25-06-2017, 08:22 PM
Donor
When it happens can you then join a different server straight away with no problem? In my case once it plays up, all servers do the same until rebooting.

I occasionally have an issue if Steam is left open all day, and my machine has been hibernating. Steam doesn't seem to then update, and launching the game can have issues. If I shutdown Steam and restart, all is OK. But if I didn't do the shut down/restart of steam, and then tested the game, it will have issues until I reboot. I have tried killing processes etc with no luck.

When I do have this issue the game sometimes hangs, and the anti-cheat app is generally still running after killing or exiting the game. Steam gets confused as well and thinks RS2 is running when it isn't. It will sometimes behave as you have described, and sometimes tell me the server is full when it isn't.

When it happens, try rebooting your PC and then test.
26-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Donor
(26-07-2017 05:57 PM)Major_Mess Wrote:  When it happens can you then join a different server straight away with no problem? In my case once it plays up, all servers do the same until rebooting.

I occasionally have an issue if Steam is left open all day, and my machine has been hibernating. Steam doesn't seem to then update, and launching the game can have issues. If I shutdown Steam and restart, all is OK. But if I didn't do the shut down/restart of steam, and then tested the game, it will have issues until I reboot. I have tried killing processes etc with no luck.

When I do have this issue the game sometimes hangs, and the anti-cheat app is generally still running after killing or exiting the game. Steam gets confused as well and thinks RS2 is running when it isn't. It will sometimes behave as you have described, and sometimes tell me the server is full when it isn't.

When it happens, try rebooting your PC and then test.

Cheers for your reply. When I try to load map on this server the game just locks up once coming into the map, doesn't respond. I have to then end the process tree for the game in task manager. Once this happens usually I have to exit steam, re launch it and can load into a game on another server fine. I can also be already playing on another server and then attempt to connect to the AusNZ Good gamer server and have the problem of the game locking up.
Have also tried from a clean cold boot, same issue.
29-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Donor
Looks like my problem was sorted in the last patch. I have tried to trigger the issue and there is now no probs. It was probably something to do with the way it now starts up and pre loads stuff it didn't before, during the startup splash page you can no longer ESC through.
03-08-2017, 03:29 PM