Announcements
RS2 Campaign is here.

Poll: ASS and Insurgency or just ASS
All for the ASS (keep it as it is)
ASS and Insurgency ( rotating game mode)
ASS for now and future Insurgency server
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game modes for Squad
Admin,TS,Forums,Server
Airbase Alpha
Hey guys had some interest for the Insurgency game mode for squad and have been talking to cat about it and came to the conclusion of opening it up to the players. So its a vote on just having ASS and Insurgency on the one server alternating every few maps or just having ASS and in the future having a second server for Insurgency so cast your votes and let us know
10-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Administrator
Somewhere
I've only played insurgency once in squad because barely any servers run it and I joined part way through. But I played it a lot in project reality and its a really great game mode really. It's far less predictable and people use the buildables way more in INS.

In project reality the majority of servers ran mixed AAS and INS. Usually 2-3 AAS maps for each INS map.

With vehicles added now I think INS would be a better game mode because the only drawback on the PR infantry only INS maps were the distances you had to walk when you had no vehicles. But now there is vehicles.
10-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Donor
melb AU
can we have the training map, And set time to 15min's.
10-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Donor
Some backyard shed in Sydney
I certainly enjoy insurgency, though it can be hard to get a good match due to the game mode requiring a little more brain power than normal.
2-3 ASS for 1 INS sounds like a good number to start, at least until some of the idiots bugger off.

The firing range map was hilarious, though it could kill the server regularly. Maybe every once in a while though Big Grin?
[Image: CpcmUtL.gif]
10-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Donor
Adelaide AU
A mix is good, as it keeps it interesting. less Insurgency than ASS - maybe 1 in 5 or so.
12-08-2016, 08:34 PM