Announcements
"Stay the fuck at home." Samuel L. Jackson.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Server Maps
Commander Extraordinaire!!
Ipswich AU
It's temporarily annoying, but once the maps are all updated, maps files will automatically update wheneever a new version is released?  Right?
03-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Yep this is true.  Its better in the long run just poorly coordinated by TWI.  Nothing unusual here.  Same with the controversy around the map competition.  Great idea, good results with more custom maps being made but poorly executed.
The term could organise a piss up in a brewery springs to mind.
03-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Donor
Adelaide AU

I am surprised Koitos is not liked by people.  It was a very popular and liked RO1 map.  Oh well that's how it is.  I have taken it out of the map cycle for now as there are plenty of maps now.  Ogledow is also out until they release troop transports.

I am trying to find something I can add to this site that will let people vote the maps they want included in the map lists.  That way I can take the top 12 maps.

I freakin' love Koitos, don't understand the hate :-s Maybe it's some remnants of my RO1 days...probably the same reason I love StalingradKessel when no one else seems to Sad
03-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Ipswich AU
I hate Koitos because every single street, every single corner, is a death trap. Too many places the enemy can shoot you from and you can't even see them.
03-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Private
Port Macquarie AU
I hated Coitarse in RO1 and I didn't think it was improved by porting across to RO2. It's just a run-and-gun deathmatch map. Very painful.

EDIT: and how typical of the good ol' boys at TWI to run an update that breaks all the custom maps - which of course are all the ones that are actually bearable to play - without warning anyone.

Did they also fix the bug where weapon experience was being applied even in Classic? I found my DP28 was failing to kill anything tonight, like it was back when RO2 released, with Germans running in between bullets in a burst. Or it could just be my hangover making me not see straight.
04-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Sydney AU
Hey Cat since the new update i have been having issues with accessing the custom maps, after downloading winterwald and bridges(bridges works great so far) once winterwald had finished downloading i go into loading of the map like usual, then from this i stay here, up to 10 minutes at one point and never once entered the server.

i'm not sure if other people are having similar issues and not sure about a solution

thanks in advance
07-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Donor
brisbane AU
Try deleting all your old redirect files before subscribing and downloading the workshop files Kim, it should work. Actually I'm going to start a new thread in the tech support forum for this subject, cause I'm having problems as well. Check it out...
08-11-2012, 03:20 AM
Commando
Sydney AU
I've been having the same problem as Kim.
I've deleted all my old data but alas WinterWald refuses to load.
11-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Ipswich AU

I've been having the same problem as Kim.
I've deleted all my old data but alas WinterWald refuses to load.

Hast thou verified thy cache?
11-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Donor
brisbane AU
As far as I know spoonage Winterwald has'nt been added to the RO2 workshop yet, the version you have is probaly out of date due to TWI killing the redirect custom maps. Cat's redirect and all redirects are no good any more "cause everything is done through the RO2 workshop now.

But I think there was a winterwald update on the redirects after the 2.6G TWI update. Maybe verify like Radid says, it might work.
11-11-2012, 07:58 PM