Announcements
Rest In Peace Capt.Scarlett The Aussie/NZ community would have been a dull place without you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Classic Mode
Donor
Adelaide AU
What are peoples thoughts on classic mode, which is currently being run on the server?

Personal view is running is still too slow, making it way too easy to hit moving targets. I also miss the spawn on squad leader a little.

Everyone else love or hate it? 

02-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
Let me know your thoughts on this guys.  More than happy to run it back on custom.  Just looked at the setting and you should be able to spawn on squad leader still.  Unless it is deactivated with another setting.
03-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Donor
brisbane AU
I prefer Realism/Custom mode myself, I agree that running is to slow as well. I don't mind the compass but sometimes I think it's a distraction, I'm just used to using the map, tactical view and landmarks.

It does'nt bother me so much that we can't spawn on squad leaders, I feel it's more realistic. But at the same I don't mind it being there either.
03-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Commander Extraordinaire!!
Ipswich AU
My ideal server settings:

Classic class availability and loadouts, but with SMGs/Semis for Squad Leaders
Realism running speed
Classic weapon handling, but with Realism iron-sight zoom (still no shift-zoom)
Spawn on SL enabled
Minimal HUD - personal kill feed only, map, and no on-screen text except for Chat.

03-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Donor
Adelaide AU
Spawn on squad leader is definately not working at the moment Cat.

While I prefer spawn on squad leader on, I can live without that.

If the squad leaders were to have the SMG option, spawn on SL is probably best left off (to let them attack, rather than hide in a corner with a rifle). Would see a heap of rambo squadleaders not letting their team mates spawn on them otherwise.  

Rabid, your right about the Classic weapon handling, but with Realism iron-sight zoom (still no shift-zoom).

Don't mind too much either way on the minimal hud. Maybe the minimal kill feed might help out campers, as I wouldn't know if someone else had killed them (so wouldn't know if i needed to go back and stick a bayo in their back).  
03-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Donor
brisbane AU
""If the squad leaders were to have the SMG option, spawn on SL is probably best left off (to let them attack, rather than hide in a corner with a rifle). Would see a heap of rambo squadleaders not letting their team mates spawn on them otherwise.""

I concur.
03-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Commander Extraordinaire!!
Ipswich AU
Yes but consider this: Having an SMG or Semi may help SL's stay alive to be spawned on

If the squad leaders were to have the SMG option, spawn on SL is probably best left off (to let them attack, rather than hide in a corner with a rifle). Would see a heap of rambo squadleaders not letting their team mates spawn on them otherwise.
03-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Donor
my house AU
What was the reasoning behind the change? I don't see anything on the Steam group page or here (I didn't look that hard though).

Seems like a kinda pointless change to me, and def. agreed about the running speed. I've only played one quick round with the new settings but I think I liked it better before.

edit: re: SLs and SMGs, a semi is probably the best compromise. I think it's fair to give SLs a slightly better weapon given they have additional responsibilities (like a nice thank you gift). Semis aren't really that conducive to OMACing the place up either. This might not be realistic (I know semis weren't all that common in either army) but until TWI implement weapon jamming and PTSD there's no real reason to worry about that.
04-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Administrator
Campbell Canberra AU
Ok I will set it back to Custom but with Realism stamina and sprinting.
Not sure I can do anything regarding giving squad leaders SMGs or a semi but I will have a look for any new settings.
Screen bling, yeah that shits me also.  I have as much screen bling turned off at the admin back-end but there can be.  They just don't give server admins as much control over this as I would have liked.
Hopefully when back in custom mode spawn on squad leader will work as it should.  Hubert, there must be an override setting in classic that prevents the switch from working because its definitely saying allow spawn on squad leader in the back end when set to classic.
04-12-2012, 04:17 PM