Announcements
RS2 Campaign is here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Future of RS2
Donor
Kilsyth, VIC
For those that werent aware, Antimatter Games have been bought out by Toadman and are ceasing any further development of RS2 but apparently a new game is in the works.

https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/i...9.2334667/
26-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Donor
HAHA ./....sadface
26-09-2019, 01:17 PM
Rabble Rabble Rabble
Donor
2 years ongoing support for the game is fine for such a cheap little game... what will keep it going is modding and mapping by the community... tbh less patches from now on are a good thing as this will mean less conflicts for modders and mappers to deal with every time there is an update. I'll try and release another map by the end of the year and i know there are a group of about 5 mappers out there that might do the same so i think there will be plenty of life with our current player cohort for at least another year or two... and by then who knows... there might be a better game? I mean it's been 13 years since the release of the retail RO and that came out of a mod wholly supported by community, people love these games, i don't think it'll fizzle out very quickly. We are old stubborn players that don't like change, I think we'll be happy calling in napalm strikes hoping for a new vector to spice things up for some time to come...
28-09-2019, 10:52 AM
Rabble Rabble Rabble
AMG did more post release, than TWI did with ro2 that's for sure.
28-09-2019, 01:08 PM
Donor
Newcastle NSW
(28-09-2019 10:52 AM)CronDaemour Wrote:  ...I mean it's been 13 years since the release of the retail RO and that came out of a mod wholly supported by community, people love these games, i don't think it'll fizzle out very quickly. We are old stubborn players that don't like change, I think we'll be happy calling in napalm strikes hoping for a new vector to spice things up for some time to come...

Yep. I played a little bit of Combined Arms, then a lot of Ostfront. Closed Beta onwards with Heroes/RS 2, which I still play from time to time. And so on to this. There are indeed people who are heavily invested in this franchise and are unlikely to fully give it away any time soon. I know of at least one group that still runs a dedicated Ostfront server, and that is all they run.
29-09-2019, 10:05 AM
Donor
Newcastle NSW
I do wonder about potential impact on development of '83.
30-09-2019, 06:09 PM