Announcements
Rest In Peace Capt.Scarlett The Aussie/NZ community would have been a dull place without you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Operation Rice balance.
Donor
Hi all,

I am getting feedback from northern hemisphere server operators and admins that operation rice is too hard for aussies....

In my experience playing in our community i'd call it aussie favoured, with the majority of wins being aussie... now the question is do you guys agree?
I dont want to play into the feedback that serves other communities at the expense of ours. What do you guys think of the balance? I prefer not to make b and c easier for aussies...

On a side note i am making considerations on making a version for campaign servers so that when players vote for us or arvn they dont end up with 2 cobras... mind you i played the other night and vc defended successfully in that scenario...
20-04-2019, 05:24 PM
Donor
its a tough map but sounds like they need to learn the map a bit maybe a having a loach
20-04-2019, 08:59 PM
Donor
Having thought for a whole 10 seconds on it i think perhaps the reason for the polarity of op rice is that it is a map that is very reliant on skill and ability of your pilots.

If you dont have good pilots on aus its impossible but a decent pilot makes such a massive difference.

Perhaps a solution is to increase flanking routs (and the cover along them) for attack while giving Northern forces more access to AA weapons?

That way to flank and cap as aus you arnt as reliant on the ambitious and skill of the chopper.... it just makes it that much easier.

And the more AA capabilities is pretty self explanatory imo, means that if the choppers are now able to do the more traditional attack role with high risk but high reward.
21-04-2019, 12:04 AM
Donor
Flat Earth
Don't Change! If anything it's the VC's that get ripped.
21-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Donor
we just need to teach the americans to play as aussies AM I RIGHTS?
21-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Donor
Newcastle NSW
Is fine as it is. Frustrating as hell sometimes, but that is a good thing.
25-04-2019, 10:09 PM
Donor
Cron theres this fence at the left of B (VC side) clipping drives me nuts... where can I go to feed it back haha?
22-07-2019, 11:35 PM
Donor
screenshot it, and i'll get round to updating in october?
23-07-2019, 01:56 AM
Sydney AU
An addition of loach with possibly more RPG or even MG roles for north to counter that. I would like to see routes for the chopper to fly out behind the mountains on the far right/left or even rear of the map, not for combat but to just get some cover from an effective DHSK. The effective AA gunners, are pretty good at setting up at the point where the chopper has to turn around up near the final cap and get destroyed whilst trying to turn.

I have personally found Delta cap to be a real slog with the 3 main lanes of attack being Left, Center and right causing a real issue for any progress to be made if sneaky VC take control of one of those lanes and pour fire on the attackers flank, the close quarters combat makes it real hard for the boys and their SLR's to be effective (compared to any of the main rifles for the south), but i think that is just an experience thing the South teams need to figure out.
personally i don't mind losing rounds in non campaign, it's about the memes we make along the way, but i guess campaign is a whole other issue and it is up to you whether you want to balance around campaign, where map wins are critical or keep the meat grinder aspects of the map which i personally enjoy.
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/HPsmRBk.jpg[/IMG]
23-07-2019, 06:30 PM