Aussie NZ RO2 Forums
Server TeamSpeak - Printable Version

+- Aussie NZ RO2 Forums (http://www.aussienzgg.com.au/forums)
+-- Forum: Red Orchestra 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Server TeamSpeak (/showthread.php?tid=376)

Pages: 1 2

Server TeamSpeak - Geebus - 05-05-2014 04:51 PM

Hello fellow players most of you on these forums would know me I have just jumped on to just let all the new fourm members that Aussie/NZ ro2 has a TeamSpeak server that not only do players from the server use for ro/rs but for other games as well so jump on and say hello to the guys or if you need an admin there is normal one floating around on there.
So if you want to come say hello join on
Adress 119.252.191.131
Don't worry we won't bite
Well bite hard anyway

if you need ts download here https://www.teamspeak.com/downloads

RE: Server TeamSpeak - **DeCoY** - 05-05-2014 04:54 PM

Thanks Geebus, i was going to ask if we had a TS server after the server went down last night due to DOS attacks..
I will add it now..

RE: Server TeamSpeak - Geebus - 06-05-2014 10:24 AM

Yes the Ts is there and free for all of us to use thank you cat so donators your donations are going towards the Ts as well as it is on the same server the ro server runs off so you have helped out so come say hi the bigger the community we have using the thing the better

RE: Server TeamSpeak - Thrak - 06-05-2014 12:50 PM

we were DDOS'd?

RE: Server TeamSpeak - Geebus - 06-05-2014 01:43 PM

The server provider was yes

RE: Server TeamSpeak - Bendy - 14-05-2014 02:10 AM

Hi guys,
I've never used a mic online before but I've just got a gaming headset and I'd like to try it out but don't know how. Huh

I'm not sure if it's relevant to using a mic or not, but I'm a bit confused about Geebus' op. Do I need to specify that particular IP address in order to use a mic? And if I do where do I go to type that IP address? Or do I just use the mic settings in the Steam Client settings dialogue box?

(Is there a difference between being on the teamspeak server and using a mic on the usual server?)

Had a look at the steam forums but couldn't find anything of much help.
Cheers,
Bendy

RE: Server TeamSpeak - sleepy - 14-05-2014 02:15 AM

(14-05-2014 02:10 AM)Bendy Wrote:  I'm not sure if it's relevant to using a mic or not, but I'm a bit confused about Geebus' op. Do I need to specify that particular IP address in order to use a mic?

Yes you need that IP address to connect to his server.

(14-05-2014 02:10 AM)Bendy Wrote:  And if I do where do I go to type that IP address? Or do I just use the mic settings in the Steam Client settings dialogue box?

You need to download TeamSpeak (free software), install it and connect to the server by entering that IP address. You can keep all of the settings on default however you probably want to set up "push to talk" so when you press a key, you talk on TeamSpeak (as an alternative to not needing to hold down a button).

(14-05-2014 02:10 AM)Bendy Wrote:  (Is there a difference between being on the teamspeak server and using a mic on the usual server?)

Yep they are completely independent. There are 2 servers: one for the game (that Cat runs) and one for TeamSpeak (that Geebus runs). You can connect to both at the same time and talk in both. Start up and connect in TeamSpeak then start up the game.

RE: Server TeamSpeak - CatintheHat - 14-05-2014 11:02 AM

(14-05-2014 02:15 AM)Jazza Wrote:  Yep they are completely independent. There are 2 servers: one for the game (that Cat runs) and one for TeamSpeak (that Geebus runs). You can connect to both at the same time and talk in both. Start up and connect in TeamSpeak then start up the game.

I actually run them both but Geebus has been kind enough to look after how the TS works so he is the man to go to regarding that stuff.

RE: Server TeamSpeak - Bendy - 14-05-2014 12:43 PM

Thanks for the info guys; really appreciate it. I didn't know about having to download TeamSpeak so that's all really helpful. I'll give it a go but it'll probably be a few days before I'm back on the battlefield.

RE: Server TeamSpeak - PrimePossum69 - 14-05-2014 04:00 PM

Bendy you don't have to download Teamspeak, unless you want to speak in Teamspeak. A lot of the regulars use it, and it is also used for playing some other games too. For just in-game chat you don't have to download anything, but I really recommend downloading Teamspeak and coming to say hi!