Aussie NZ RO2 Forums
Is RS2 still getting updates? - Printable Version

+- Aussie NZ RO2 Forums (http://www.aussienzgg.com.au/forums)
+-- Forum: RS2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Is RS2 still getting updates? (/showthread.php?tid=1198)

Is RS2 still getting updates? - c3r36raL_c0rt3x - 12-01-2020 07:17 PM

Does anyone know if Rs2 is still getyting all the updates from the roadmap or is being worked on still?

RE: Is RS2 still getting updates? - kimjungillex - 12-01-2020 08:35 PM

This was the last official update i believe

https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/rising-storm-2-state-of-the-game-september-2019.2334667/

RE: Is RS2 still getting updates? - pvt badtouch - 13-01-2020 12:47 AM

that would be a no

RE: Is RS2 still getting updates? - Dairdubh - 13-01-2020 01:51 AM

Doesn't really matter if it does or doesn't. Given what they did to Black April/Saigon, perhaps best if they keep their paws off. :-)
This franchise grew out of modding, and that has always been a a thing. There are still active servers, and passionate players for RO2 - released 9 years ago. I know of one group at least that still runs a dedicated Ostfront server - sniping only, at that - last time I looked. Ostfront is almost 14 yrs old. There may well be iterations of Combined Arms still going out there, but I couldn't say. It seems that we that play these sorts of games, tend to be rather steadfast, and it wouldn't surprise me if there was. I did hear about resurgence of people playing Hidden and Dangerous a couple of years back.
Regardless of official support, the game isn't going to go away anytime soon if there are people that want to play it, and others that are willing to make or mod maps

RE: Is RS2 still getting updates? - c3r36raL_c0rt3x - 15-01-2020 05:10 PM

So Tripwire are going to keep fixing /breaking the game but no more new stuff like transports. I was just interested, as I hoped the new company they offloaded it to may have picked up progress.Its to be expected I guess .

RE: Is RS2 still getting updates? - c3r36raL_c0rt3x - 18-02-2020 11:59 PM

So I noticed today that the final update is on the way.There is nothing exciting , just fixing server issues and known bug fixes.