Aussie NZ RO2 Forums
Peripherals indicators and friendly fire - Printable Version

+- Aussie NZ RO2 Forums (http://www.aussienzgg.com.au/forums)
+-- Forum: Red Orchestra 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Servers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Peripherals indicators and friendly fire (/showthread.php?tid=1114)

Peripherals indicators and friendly fire - CatintheHat - 04-02-2019 12:03 PM

I will put in a bug report with TWI about these, though it will probably be ignored.
I have a feeling it only happens on some maps.
If anyone notices the indicators can you take note of what map it was.
Not heard people mention the friendly fire bug for a week or so, maybe that was sorted out during the last patch. But same, it seemed to only impact some maps.

RE: Peripherals indicators and friendly fire - lolability - 05-02-2019 08:16 PM

just for personal clarification, what bug are we talking about?

RE: Peripherals indicators and friendly fire - CatintheHat - 05-02-2019 11:32 PM

It’s not a bug but a feature that sees little white coloured pips at the side of your display if there are 'detected' enemy in your peripheral.

Smart players use it as a radar to easily detect flanking players by scanning left to right on their flanks.

My servers have had that setting disabled from RO2/RS days but people have noticed it happening and I think it might be map specific.

RE: Peripherals indicators and friendly fire - Durrie - 11-02-2019 11:45 AM

I noticed those damned peripheral markers while playing on Campaign 3 over the weekend.

Definitely on Long Tan, and on a new map that I had to download (but now can't remember the name of, and I can't find a current map list to look it up).

RE: Peripherals indicators and friendly fire - CatintheHat - 11-02-2019 03:52 PM

Hmmm ok so it was definitely Long Tan mate. Will put in a report to TWI. Will probably be ignored.

RE: Peripherals indicators and friendly fire - Durrie - 14-02-2019 06:26 PM

The other map showing peripheral markers was Agent_Orange.

I haven't been able to play RS2 since then because it makes my rig reboot every time I launch it, but if I do manage to get it fixed I'll let you know if there are any other maps affected.